Fat Quarter Gang - "Mind Your Manners" Viole Napkins by I'm A Ginger Monkey
October 01, 2012
Hi! It's Katy from Im A Ginger Monkey here and today on the Art Gallery blog I'm showing you how to make some super simple napkins that look like you've been shopping at a fancy home wares store.
These napkins are perfect for hostess gifts and holidays and are so simple you'll end up wanting to make hundreds!
What you'll need for 4 napkins:
4 fat quarters of AGF Voile
perle cotton or embroidery floss
I decided to use voile for my napkins because it's so soft and luxurious and the reverse side isn't as obvious as with regular quilting cottons. You could use any cotton fabric, but if you've never tried the Art Gallery voiles I would totally recommend you doing so, they're amazing and the softest fabrics you'll ever touch! I intend to use voile to back my next quilt - imagine how soft that would be?
First up, give you FQs a really good press all over to remove the creases.
1. Make into a square by folding the bottom right hand corner up and trimming off the excess.
2. Fold in around the perimeter on the wrong side of the fabric by 1/2", press and do the same again. Pin all the way round.
3. I found the voiles were no different to sew than regular Art Gallery fabrics, but you may want to lengthen your stitch a touch for this next step. Sew nice and close to the seam all the way round.
4. Cut 4 circles approximately 3" across per napkin (so 16 for all 4 napkins) and 4 squares from batting scraps around 1.25" square.
5. Screw a batting square into a ball and place in the centre of the wrong side of each circle
6. Gather up the edges keeping the ball nice and tight in the middle of the circle to form a little ball with a tail.
7. Wrap some regular cotton thread around the tail and add a few stitches to keep it nice and secure.
8. Take some perle cotton or embroidery floss and attach a ball to each corner of the napkins.
Admire your fancy napkins, and wipe your face in style!
Follow us on your fav social media platform (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter) and Subscribe to our blog to stay up to date on all thing AGF & the Fat Quarter Gang! Ohhh... and lets not forget Flickr!
Enter to win today! Giveaway open until October 5th.
<3 AGF & The Fat Quarter Gang